Enclosed Sea Instructor Award
The Enclosed Sea Instructor Award is for people seeking professional certification in enclosed sea paddling environments using sea kayaks.
The Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme (PAQS) is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the needs of the canoeing / kayaking guide industry for education, recreational and tourism sectors nationwide.
Holders of the Enclosed Sea Instructor Award are qualified to train individuals and groups on activity and day based programs in sea kayaks in enclosed sea defined as Bays and Harbours:
- Inside of estuaries, harbours, embayment’s or other sheltering reefs or islands
- Max 1.5 nautical miles from shore
- Wind conditions below fresh winds (17 knots)
- Breaking (white-capping) waves (sea) up to 0.5m
- No surf
i.e.: – you are able to train a group of beginner students with practical and theory sessions to a level where they are able to plan and undertake a trip on their own (and/or pass the enclosed sea skills award), where if anything goes wrong, you have trained the students to deal with it.
- 2 day training course – from $420*
- 1 day assessment – from $295*
- *plus booking and processing fees
For Enquiries contact:
M 0408 901 900 (Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm)