Coastal Guide Award
The Coastal Guide Award is for people seeking professional certification in coastal waters paddling environments using sit-on-top craft.
The Paddle Australian Qualification Scheme (PAQS) is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the need for paddling qualifications for use in education, recreational and tourism sectors nationwide.
Holders of this award are qualified to guide groups of novices on activity and day-based programs in sit-on-top kayaks in coastal conditions:
- Outside of estuaries, embayment’s or other sheltering reefs or islands
- Areas of exposed coastline that are simple, not involving overfalls or tidal races
- Maximum of 1 nautical mile from shore
- Wind conditions below Fresh Winds (17 knots)
- Breaking (whitecapping) waves (sea) up to 0.5m
- Surf to 0.5m
i.e.: – you are able to impart the skills required for participants to partake in a half/day trip with you, where if anything goes wrong you are there to deal with it.
For Enquiries contact:
Education and Recreation Officer
M 0408 286 332 (Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm)