The role an official plays in canoeing is not often recognised as important, but events would simply not run without the efforts of these vital volunteers.
The Foundation Officials Course includes the follwoing – an Introduction to Officiating, Roles and Responsibility, Legal Responsibilities and Risk Management, Safety and Equipment and Race Rules and Procedures.
Foundation accreditation is suited to volunteers at canoe clubs and in schools.
- Foundation Officials Course consists of one full day course.
- Participants should expect approximately half theory and half practical. There are no exams however all are encouraged to participate in the practical role plays.
- As an extension to the course on the job mentoring may also be provided to participants at an event following the course.
- Participants will be required to complete on-line Officiating General Principles Course prior to attending the course.
- Participants will be required to complete on-line ASC ‘Officiating General Principles Course’, prior to attending the course.
– Certificate of completion required prior to course.
What do Attendees Recieve:
- USB with course information and print out of ICF and PA Rules.
- Certificate of Attendance.
- Registration as an Official with Paddle Australia.
What to Bring:
- Writing implements (pens, highlighters)
- Print out of Certificate of General Officiating Principles
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea
To take part in the next officials course please fill out the [ninja_form id=62]
If there are questions, please contact Steven Rowland, Education and Recreation Officer on 07 3899 1667 or by email to email@example.com