As per the PA Canoeing Competition By-Laws Section 10 details when events conducted by clubs require sanctioning. In short:
- ‘Canoe club events for canoe club members only – sanctioning not required however it is recommended the event be documented in the minutes of the canoe clubs meetings.
- ‘Canoe club events for other AC members and non members – the State Association is to sanction these events.’
Clubs are required to conduct any event to the appropriate Rules and Regulations of the discipline and to AC By-Laws.
Below is a summary of the sanctioning process. A full copy of the PQ sanctioning policy which can be found here.
Step 1: Complete required forms
Step 2: Submit application and documents 6 weeks prior to event via email (paper forms are no longer accepted) to Paddle Queensland via email: email@example.com
Step 3: Liaise directly with the committee, answer any questions the committee have about the event and discuss any issues surrounding the event. The following documents may also help with your event planning, however do no require to be submitted.
- Briefing checklist template
- Event Budget Template
- PA Triallist Member Instructions & Form (2019)
- PA-Event-Form-Triallist-Application- 2019 (Form)
- PA Triallist Register Summary 2019
Step 4: You will receive an email from the relevant committee once they have come to a decision on whether to sanction your event. If you are unhappy with the decision from the committee, in the first instance please email the committee a request to reconsider your application, following this if you are still unsatisfied with the decision please email the PQ board via the Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your event is approved you will then be able to advertise it as a PQ sanctioned event, the relevant PQ committee will also post your event to our website and Facebook page.
Step 5: Submit post event documents to head office via email@example.com, including –
- Post Event Report
- Incident Report Form template
- Photos and short report to be included in our monthly Newsletter
Paddle Queensland provide access to equipment for use by affiliated clubs for events and activities.
Please complete the the Form form at least 2 weeks prior to event date.
Please complete and submit the form below.