Paddle Queensland… With you on the Water
When you join a Paddle Club, you become part of a united paddling community, supported by your Paddle Queensland and Paddle Australia.
Paddle Queensland and Paddle Australia add value and benefits in many different ways. Some relate directly to you, some to your Club and others to the broader paddling community. This all adds up to good news for you!
Connecting people with common interest
We lead, support and advocate for a community of over 300,000 active paddlers around Australia
• You are connected to a group of people with a strong common interest, not only at your Club but around the state and throughout Australia, with well over 300,000 people sharing your passion for paddling and exploring our unique and beautiful waterways.
• Enjoy access to the many great recreational and competitive events on offer through your Club, other affiliated Clubs, Paddle Queensland and Paddle Australia. Member discounts are available on many events.
• You have access to our national e-newsletter Paddle Pulse direct to your inbox each month, along with local news from Paddle Queensland and Club. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news through our websites and newsletters.
• For those doing it tough at the moment, support is available through the Paddle on Foundation with funding for membership provided by paddlers for paddler.
• When you Join a Club as a family, you enjoy a 30% discount off your Paddle Queensland and Paddle Australia membership.
Helping paddlers stay safe and protected
We aim to ensure you are safe on the water at all times, but should anything go wrong, as a member, we have you covered
• Members have access to skills and leadership programs and qualified coaches so, no matter where you are on your paddling journey, there is help at hand!
• Whether you are paddling for recreation, training or competition, solo or as part of a group, you have the peace of mind knowing that you are protected by our insurance program for both Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance, 24/7, worldwide.
• You have access to our very competitively priced paddle craft and equipment insurance under our Paddle Protect insurance offering.
Encouraging participation and developing performance
We support people in discovering the joy of paddling while having fun, getting fit and developing their skills, whether for recreation or competition
• For recreational paddlers, we provide information on the various ways to get into paddling, where to paddle, what new places are opening up to explore and what next steps you might consider.
• Through one of our courses, some on the water and some increasingly on-line, become a coach, official, guide, instructor or volunteer yourself! There is access to member discounts on a wide array of courses.
• For those paddlers interested in competition, you have access to pathways and opportunities to be selected in the State and National development squads and representative teams in one for the many disciplines in which the ICF stages Continental and World Championships.
• At the highest level, we support the athletes and coaches that represent the Australian paddling community at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Supporting Clubs to support their members
We support over 30 Clubs that offer local connections to paddling, providing benefits and services that reduce costs and assist volunteers and members
• We support Clubs by providing their key insurances, helping keep fees low. The insurance covers the all-important volunteers, including the Club committee members, officials, instructors and coaches. The events run by Clubs are covered by us too.
• Compliance burdens on Clubs are increasing all the time. We provide support for Clubs across a range of policies covering issues such as Child Safeguarding, Member Protection, and Integrity. We are here to make sure members are safe, should they need us and to help clubs if an issue does arise.
• As part of our community, your Club has access to local, state and federal grants that we support. The funding is often used for Club facility or equipment upgrades that benefit you and your fellow Club members, helping to make your Club more vibrant and sustainable.
• Our National Membership Platform, GoMembership, provides a set of tools to support the management of Club membership, communication, compliance and events.
Advocating for paddling access and sustainability
We represent the interests of paddling and paddlers at all levels of government and to other agencies to improve access, safety and sustainability
• Access to water is important for all paddlers. Whether it is lobbying for new access points or facilities; for waterways to be opened up, on safety issues, such as the wearing of lifejackets; or coordinating water releases with the authorities, we are at the forefront of the conversation.
• The sustainability of the environment is a key issue all paddlers. That is why we work to advocate with local, state and federal government to ensure the quality of the water we paddle on and outdoor environment we all enjoy is maintained and improved.
• More generally, we work continuously with state and federal governments to ensure that the sport and recreation of paddling is at the table on all key issues that impact us.
In all these and in many other ways, we are…. With you on the Water