How to Form a New Club
To become an affiliated club with Paddle Queensland the club must be incorporated or in the process of incorporation.
To become an incorporated association in Queensland you must:
- have at least 7 members
- be a not-for-profit association
- have a physical address in Queensland.
To incorporate, you must convene a general meeting of your unincorporated association and complete each of the following steps.
- Pass a resolution
- Choose a name
- Adopt a set of rules
- Elect a management committee
- Apply and pay applicable fee to Qld Office of Fair Trading.
More further information visit Qld Office of Fair Trading.
Application for Affiliation
An application for Membership by an Affiliated Club must be:
- in writing on the form prescribed form (Paddle Qld – Club Affiliation & Membership Application (2018));
- accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s constitution (which must be acceptable to the Association) and all other documents as requested; and
- accompanied by the appropriate fee, Affiliation and Membership (2018-19 PQ Affiliation & Membership Fees) on approval of application.
Affiliation & Member Benefits
Affiliating with Paddle Queensland provides your club with the following benefits –
- Access to Paddle Australia National Insurance Scheme, including Public/Products Liability, Association Liability (for committee members), Professional Indemnity (for coaches/volunteers), and Personal Accident insurance (for your Members).
- Access to a free web site with a domain such as ‘clubname.canoe.org.au’ enabling ‘back end’ administration of your website, calendar’s, news items and other features to promote your club.
- Access to Sporting DNA platform to enables member management (registrations/renewals), online registration/payment, emails, event registration (link to your website calendar).
In addition, our Paddle Queensland staff can provide assistance in areas of general club administration, grant applications, membership administration, risk management and coach/official and instructor education.
More information on individual benefits visit Member Benefits.
For more information, please contact the Paddle Queensland office on 0414 960 728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org