Welcome to the Gold Coast
The 2021 Paddle Queensland Ocean Racing Champs is a race covering 15km across the beautiful Gold Coast. The course will be from Rainbow Bay to Miami Beach.
Please note: an alternative course has been identified, if the weather conditions on the day are not suitable. The alternative course is The Spit to Miami Beach.
$50 for Non-Members
$35 for Paddle Queensland and Paddle Australia Members.
** Discount code will be provided to all members
Check in: 8:00am – 9:00am
(Times may change slightly in the lead up or on the day).
Single & Team Boats: Ocean Skis / Spec Skis / SUPs / Outriggers / Prone boards.
Male and Female / Mixed
Masters 35-39 / 40-44 / 45-49 / 50-54 / 55-59 / 60+
**For a class to be contested in any PA/PQ Competition there must be a minimum of three entries and two starters. Age brackets may be modified based on entries received.
– Minimum age is 15, as at 31 Dec 2021
The Norton-Smith’s Champions Trophy
Awarded on the day to the fastest Overall Male and Female Competitor.
2021 Winners names will be added to the plaque on the trophy.
Awards + Results
- Timing will be through Webscorer: ‘2021 PQ Ocean Racing Champs’.
- Awards will be presented on the day after the last paddler has crossed the line.
- Line Honours will receive $100 Vaikobi Voucher – Male & Female
- Medals will be awarded per catergory.
- Please note: There must be more than 1 paddler in a category to receive a medal.
Scrutineering of compulsory safety equipment (PFD’s and leashes) will take place at registration.
All competitors must ensure that their equipment passes scrutineering as outlined below.
By entering the 2021 Paddle Queensland Ocean Racing Champs you agree to:
1. Skis MUST wear PFD style jackets and a leash. Mobile phones and flares are recommended.
2. Outriggers MUST wear inflatable bum bag style PFDs and leash. Mobile phones and flares are recommended.
3. Prone and SUP paddlers MUST wear a leash at all times.
4. All paddlers MUST have a leash attached when in the water and wear a HIVIS shirt/singlet.
- Weather conditions can vary significantly and the safety of competitors, safety crew and the general public will be considered by the Race Director.
- The Race Director will advise on adverse weather conditions or any matter which gives rise to a safety concern. This may result in the race being modified or cancelled.
Know how to use your Flare
- Ensure you have read the instructions and know how to use your flare if required.
- Ensure your flare is easily accessible should you need to use it.
General Flare Instructions Image.
Please check your individual flare as instructions may vary.
1. Check instructions
2. Remove cap
3. Pull yellow knob upwards and outward
4. Hold out and leeward
Any questions, please contact Eden Williamson on 0408 901 900 or firstname.lastname@example.org