WELCOME TO THE PACIFIC COAST SPRINT SERIES
The Pacific Coast Sprint Series consists of six (6) events at Damian Leading Park, Coomera to encourage participation in the Canoe Sprint discipline across a range of single and double paddle craft.
The Pacific Coast Sprint Series provides paddlers with a great opportunity to prepare for the 2021/22 Canoe Sprint Season:
1. 2021 PQ School Championships. 16-17th Oct, Damian Leading Park, Coomera.
2. 2021 PA Grand Prix 1. Early Dec, West Lakes, SA. (TBC).
3. 2022 PQ State Championships. 5-6th Feb, Lake Kawana, Sunshine Coast.
4. 2022 PA Grand Prix 2. Mid Feb, Sydney International RC, NSW. (TBC).
5. 2022 PA National Championships. 29th Mar-3rd Apr, Champion Lakes RC, WA.
|Sat, 31st July||#1: 3000m (LC), #2: 125m (SC)||Mon, 26th July|
|Sat, 28th August||#3: 3700m (LC), #4: 250m (SC)||Mon, 30th August|
|Sat, 25th September||#5: 5000m (LC), #6: 500m (SC)||Mon, 20th September|
Courses have been set to allow new and novice paddlers to get on the water and experience the fun Canoe Sprint has to offer, while providing intermediate and experienced paddlers with alternative courses to test their ability.
|Fees||Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|Long Course Only||Snr: $15 Jnr: $10||Snr: $25 Jnr: $20|
|Short Course Only||Snr: $15 Jnr: $10||Snr: $25 Jnr: $20|
1. Team boat events are not open to U10s.
2. Paddlers can only paddle one type of craft per age group, per course.
3. Juniors are only able to race in one age group per course.
4. Running of events is dependent on entries and may be amalgamated.
1. The age you will be as of 31st December 2021 will determine your age group.
2. Events will be split into Male and Female.
3. Age groups may be amalgamated according to the entries received.
4. Paddlers may only enter into one age group for single and team boats
5. Paddlers may race in a higher age group.
6. Subject to amalgamations:
– Juniors in team boat events must race in the age category of the oldest paddler.
– Masters in team boat events must race in the age category of the youngest paddler.
This Sprint Series will operate under a points system. The Paddler with the most points by the end of the series will be awarded a medal and/or commemorative item at the PQ Annual Awards.
Points will be scored per craft and awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.
Overall results will be divided by Gender and age group.
1st = 10pts
2nd = 8pts
3rd = 6pts
4th = 4pts
5th = 2pts
PROVISIONAL EVENT SCHEDULE*
|0700||Numbers available for collection|
|0730||Close of Scratching|
|0800||Start of Long Course Event|
|1100||Start of Short Course Events|
A full event schedule will be provided after entries close.
The 2021 Pacific Coast Sprint Series Booklet can be found HERE
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org