Paddle Queensland is looking for a new Executive Officer
Paddlesports are some of the fastest growing water sports in the nation and there is no better place to paddle than Queensland.
Paddle Queensland is the State Sporting Organisation responsible for the management, coordination, development and promotion of Paddlesports in Queensland. The term ‘Paddlesports’ includes all types of canoeing and kayaking including the Olympic disciplines of sprint and slalom, as well as canoe marathon, canoe polo, ocean racing, sea kayaking, and all forms of recreation paddling. QC both provides events, training, and activities, and supports its affiliated clubs and discipline technical committees in the conduct of their activities.
Paddle Queensland is a not-for-profit, incorporated entity, with 33 affiliated Clubs and approximately 800 individual members across Queensland. PQ delivers programs to over 5,000+ participants annually through local councils, schools, public and private enterprise.
PQ represents the interests of paddlers in all Paddlesports to all tiers of government, the public, and Paddle Australia.
Reporting to the Chair of the PQ Board, the Executive Officer leads a team of currently two staff together with instructors and coaches, to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals.
The Executive Officer works closely with the PQ Board, Paddle Australia, the Queensland State Government and local councils, the Paddle sports technical committees, Paddle sports representatives, members, clubs, coaches, volunteers, and the broader Paddle sport community.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Business Development and organisational growth;
- Management and promotion of the interests, business, profitability, growth and reputation of PQ;
- Financial management;
- Managing acquittals of grant funds and liaising with grant writers to ensure Queensland State Government funded Key Performance Indicators are met;
- Management of liaison, promotion and support for all affiliated clubs, members, stakeholders, industry and related government bodies
- Attendance at key events and meetings related to paddle sports;
- Provision of leadership and supervision to organisation personnel;
- Ensuring sound ethical management of the organisation.
For full details of the role and to apply see here.