Plan ahead and Play it Safe
Many of SEQ Waters dams, lakes and parks are open for the community to enjoy activities such as swimming, boating, fishing and camping.
These relaxing, picturesque environments can give a false sense of security, as accidents can still happen if visitors get complacent.
The Crossword Challenge
Here are some more tips to help you play it safe:
- Be prepared for your activity with appropriate equipment and safety gear such as life jackets
- Only swim in designated swimming areas at lakes where it is permitted
- Make sure your children are supervised at all times
- Check our recreation and safety notices before you leave for the latest information on conditions and closures
- Read our fact sheets on swimming, boating and multi-use trails
- Check the weather at www.bom.gov.au.