QC is seeking a new dynamic Executive Officer
Queensland Canoeing Inc. is the state peak sports body for paddle related sports. The organisation is responsible for the management and development of various paddle sports, through events, clubs, recreation and related education. One of our goals is increasing participation. Queensland Canoeing is diverse with 17 paddle related sports under its banner. Exciting times are ahead for the organisation.
The Executive Officer (EO) leads a team currently of 2 staff together with a variety of instructors and coaches. The EO’s key responsibilities are:
- Business Development and organisational growth
- Manage and promote the interests, business, profitability, growth and reputation of Queensland Canoeing
- Financial management
- Manage preparation of grant applications and meet agreed Queensland state funded KPI’s
- Manage liaison, promote and support all affiliated clubs, members, stakeholders, industry and related government bodies
- Attend key events and meetings related to the sport
- Provide leadership and supervision to employees
- Ensure the organisation operates with sound management
To be considered for the role, you should possess the following skills & attributes:
- Business acumen, strategic and financial management skills
- Experience managing an organisation
- Highly developed people and networking skills
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with high level time management and organisational skills
- Experienced with application and acquitting government grants
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong computer skills
- Current drivers licence
The Executive Officer reports to the Board of Queensland Canoeing. The position is located in Brisbane. A negotiable remuneration package is on offer.
Please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
The President, The Board of Queensland Canoeing Inc. PO Box 745, Morningside Qld 4170 or
Or APPLY via the seek website.
Applications close on Friday 17 July 2015.