It is the intent of the ACMRTC to have the 2015 Australian Canoe Marathon Team Selection Policies and Team Nomination should be released and available through the Australian Canoeing web before Christmas 2014.
Australian Canoe Marathon Team tours for 2015:
- Emerging National Team to South African Flatwater Championships in Pietermaritzburg* – 6 and 7 June 2015 (proposed tour dates 19 May to 10 June 2015 with participation at a lead up event),
- ICF Canoe Marathon Masters World Cup in Gyor, Hungary – 9 and 10 September 2015,
- ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships, in Gyor, Hungary – 11 to 13 September 2015.
* Pietermaritzburg will be the host of the 2017 ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships.
Please note athletes wishing to attend the:
- 2015 European Masters Cup in Bohinj, Slovinia – 1 and 2 July 2015;
- 2015 World Cup in Brandenburg, Germany (host of the 2016 ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships) – 1 and 2 August 2015; or
- any other international canoe marathon event;
are to contact email address firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a supporting letter. Members seeking such must be financial with Australian Canoeing Inc. To allow sufficient time for the letter the application should be received no less than 6 weeks before the date of the event. As there is no selection for these events athletes should compete in their club uniforms/colours.
As the policies are yet to be formally approved and ratified I can provide the following information:
- ‘doubling up’ restriction has been removed for 2015
- separate policies for each age group
- additional selection classes of Senior Women C1 and Junior Women C1
- broadening of base for junior selection
- continue selection of a Emerging National Team
- further research and development of a national canoe marathon program