Nominations are now open for Freestyle Technical committee members and the role of the Freestyle Technical Committee Chair.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved and have your say in the running of Freestyle in 2014-15.
Chair or member self-nominations can be sent by email outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Nominations will be appointed by the board.
Please support your discipline this season and help us to grow Paddlesports in Queensland.
The role of Technical Committees and Discipline Representatives is*:
- To represent the discipline in the state of Queensland and network with national counterparts
- To work alongside QC officers in developing the discipline reporting bi-monthly to the board
- Co-ordinate an annual state event for the discipline as applicable (EG. a championships, symposium, competition or expedition etc.)
- Contribute content and news about the discipline to the QC web site, newsletter and annual report.
- Input into discipline specific documents at state level and support the state team (if applicable).
- To support the discipline for a minimum of one season (beginning and ending at the Paddlesports Conference every May
Technical Committee and Discipline Representatives will be offered*:
- Free membership to the organisation (If already paid, this can be refunded for this year)
- Free use of any craft or resource owned by QC for the discipline (subject to availability)
- Free access to selected QC Paddlesports training events
- Free hire of the QC meeting rooms for discipline operations (subject to availability)
- The chance to put something back into the Paddlesports community, make a difference and see your discipline grow
Discipline committee chairs will additionally be offered*:
- The opportunity to promote a business or brand on QC media
- Free Paddlesports dinners and the chance to network within the sport
- A free QC staff shirt provided each year of service
- Free entry to the QC annual Paddlesports Conference (Planned for May 2015)
- Free use of a QC email address & cloud based server for the discipline
Self-nominations as a chair or a member can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions on the above or expressions of interest please get in touch.
Executive Officer Queensland Canoeing