Club and Member Benefits
By joining Queensland Canoeing Incorporated, you become part of a professionally run sporting organisation. Queensland Canoeing Incorporated is seen as the peak body for canoeing and kayaking in Queensland as a multi-discipline organisation.
– State and national affiliation to Australian Canoeing (AC) and Queensland Canoeing (QC)
– Insurance coverage:
- Public Liability
- Directors and Officers for club committee members
- Personal Accident
– Access to an online National Membership Database “MyClub”
– FREE Club website and email hosting plus free training..
– Representation at Australian Canoeing meetings and functions
– Personalised membership card with commercial discounts
– Discounted prices at QC courses and events
– Access to official competitions
– Eligibility to represent at State, National and International events
– Promotion and distribution of club promotional material and races
– Regular updates and newsletters
– Professional staff and committee members to provide advice and support regarding:
- Club Development and Management
- Grant applications and finance
- Procedures, Policy and Bylaws
- Risk Management
- Event Management
- Coaching Assistance
Access to training and development opportunies:
- National Coaching Accreditation Scheme in all disciplines
- Australian Canoeing Awards Scheme
- State Development Squads Queensland Acedemy of Sport
- Workshops for officials and coaches in all disciplines
Where does the money come from to operate QC?
Revenue to maintain the operations of the QC office is obtained by the following sources
- Sport & Recreation Funding / Grants
- Club Affiliation Fee
- Membership Fees
- QC Conducted Recreation Programs
- QC Conducted Educatioin Courses (Award Scheme / Coaching / Officials)
- Major Events
Where does your money go?
Membership fees were obtained by taking into consideration the following-
Australian Canoeing Membership Fees:
The national Levy is a portion of your membership that is allocated to cover the National Scheme insurance policies provided to protect members for Personal Accident and Public Liability. It also assists our National office in administrating the National Database and membership cards; National and International matters.
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance:
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance indemnifies the Club Committee members, Trustees, Executive Officers and any other Officers of the sport against Òwrongful actsÓ committed in their respective capacitates with the sport.
As per tax office guidelines one eleventh of all income is remitted to the Australian Tax Office for the GST.
The balance of your fees goes toward the development of affiliated clubs.
Communications and running costs of the QC State Office including administration and stationary expenses for all 5 disciplines.